Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Critical Review Book Selection

The book that I chose to read is called Teaching Passionately; What's Love Got to Do with It? by Joan Wink and Dawn Wink. Although the title lends itself to be a wishy washy love story of teacher's and the art of teaching, it is much much more. With one look inside at the content of the book this misinterpretation is squashed. I chose this book to discover what true passion is within the education process. I want to be able to start out teaching with passion, joy, and love for my students and my profession. This book shows methods and theories of the place of love in the classroom and how to keep students learning and loving along with you. Passion is not something that can be taught, but it can be acquired through study, further knowledge and experience. This book is interesting and useful not only in active teacher's lives but in pre-service teachers ,like myself, alike. I look forward to getting through the book completely and applying some of the new methods I learn in my practicum classroom experience.

No comments: